Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Today I actually gave blood! It was amazing. Because I have a (relatively) long history of failing my blood-giving attempts. Junior year: forgot my ID card, so couldn't do it. Plus, I was FREAKED OUT about giving blood and probaby wouldn't have gone through with it anyway. Senior year: got as far as the chair where they poke you with the IV, but then they said my veins were too small for their needles...glad they didn't attempt to poke me before they decided that. So today, Corie, Karie and I go out to Freeborn Hall to attempt to give blood. And they actually took mine! They really took it! I feel like such a saint. Well, not really, I actually feel a little light-headed still, but I'm just glad that I finally did it. AND I didn't pass out or anything! The nurse who took my blood was really nice too, she talked to me about classes and school for pretty much the whole time she took my blood. And it was kind of funny, because she couldn't see my vein, she could only feel it, so she drew on my vein with a "Surgical Skin Marker," and once you use those, you have to give them away, since they have to be sterilized. So now I have a surgical skin marker. Anyone need one? I actually made the mistake of writing my name on my arm and drawing a bracelet around my wrist with it, only to find out that it doesn't really scrub off in the shower. I guess that's why it's "different" from the usual markers.
Ok. That's pretty much all I have to say.

No comments: