Saturday, October 04, 2003

Only 2 weeks in Davis and I'm already checkin' out the music scene! And judging from tonight, it's...uh...in need of some help. Bria, her friend Alyssa, and I went to this "Turbulence" thing at the UCD gym tonight. It was pretty cool; only 2 bucks to get in, and you got free food (free Jamba Juice!! Who would have thought?!) and pizza hut pizzas, and then they had some bands come out and play. The first one, called Lemon Yellow, of all names, were really bad. They were the usual rip-off of Good Charlotte/Blink 182 that seemed to be very popular at MHS, too, when I went there(Domestic Fury, anyone?). After they played, some dancers came out while the next band set up. This band, called Tryte, looked better; they had bongo drums, and the lead singer played with an acoustic guitar, instead of an electric one. So that made me want to hear them. As it turned out, they were a lot better than Lemon Yellow. The lead singer played harmonica and guitar, (and his name was Octavio! That's pretty cool right there), and the other lead guitarist was really talented. The only thing was...their music just wasn't that exciting. I got a free demo CD and I was just listening to it again, and it's not so great. But yeah. It was still fun to see a band live for free. This is what they looked like, if anyone cares:

so arty

Yeah, but the music wasn't the best part of the night! After Tryte finished, Bria and Alyssa and I went to another room, where they had those blow-up obstacle courses! So we had a lot of fun racing each other on those for laughs.
And now, it is 2:30 am, and I am mighty tired. I hope everyone has a good weekend.

No comments: