Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Folks, I have found my calling. If I can't go rescue all of the endangered animals out there, I'll rescue something else instead: Endangered languages! Yes, they really exist. Right now, there are approximately 6,600 languages in the world, and over 90 percent of these languages will vanish in the next century. A majority of endangered languages are spoken by small communities, such as the tribes of Papua New Guinea and the Aboriginal people of Australia, and over 90% of these languages die in the current generation. Pretty interesting, huh? Well, I found this soo interesting that I have decided to write a 3-page paper on it! Ok, fine, it wasn't exactly MY choice to write the paper, and I probably wouldn't write it if I didn't have to. But I still think the subject is pretty cool.

No comments: