Monday, October 20, 2003

I had a pretty good weekend. But probably the most important part of the weekend for me was on Friday night, when I saw Bowling for Columbine in the Chemistry lecture hall for $3. Why did no one tell me how amazing that movie is? I never saw it before it came to video because I tend to associate the word "documentary" with dry and boring subject matter. Bowling for Columbine is the complete opposite. I couldn't take my eyes off of it, and it just amazed me in so many ways. It really opens your eyes to reality, I think, no matter how much you think you know about gun control and racism in the US today. The movie's funny, partly because of how unbelievably ridiculous it can get, while at other parts it's impossible not to tear up.

EVERYONE SHOULD SEE THIS MOVIE. IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET, RENT IT NOW!

No comments: