Friday, July 10, 2015

Well, that was awkward.

Today, Ari and I had a really nice date night - we saw an early showing of Inside Out (we both really liked it; I might put it in my top two Pixar films of all time, with Finding Nemo), and then went to get Asian takeout to eat in Union Square before it got dark.

Then, right across from the bench where we were eating our dinner, a drunk frat boy started peeing. Ari yelled at him and his friend who was standing nearby, something like "Dude, there's a bathroom over there!" But they pretty much ignored us and walked away. Gross. We kept eating. Then, less than five minutes later they came BACK and the other guy started peeing. Again, right across from us, where we were trying to eat dinner. With other people around, trying to enjoy the evening. We yelled at them to stop it, and they ignored us again, so I got up and threw the remains of my food at the guy who was peeing. I can't really believe that I did it, and I admit it definitely wasn't the most mature thing to do. They ended up calling me a "dick" and then called Ari and me "fags," which was pretty hilarious. Thankfully, they did not try to start any kind of fight. And maybe they'll think twice about peeing in front of people trying to eat their dinner in a public park?

Yayyyyyy I'm one step closer to being a real New Yorker. But to be honest, despite that kerfuffle, Ari and I had a really nice evening!

2 comments:

hanner said...

You throwing your food made me laugh out loud. I would have been so mad too and probably done the same! If Robbie hadn't stopped me first.

kate said...

I'm glad to hear you sympathize with me, Hannah! I do have my doubts about whether I did the right thing. I told one of my friends this story and her response was basically, "That is so awesome! But I'm afraid of what New York City is doing to you."