Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Swingers

Have I mentioned that I have kind of gotten into swing dancing lately? It's like the early 2000s all over again!! Zoot suit riot!!!!

The story is that since I went to the Midsummer Night Swing event that I blogged about last month, I've been on a bit of a swing kick, along with my coworkers Megan and Carol. We've gone to about one swing event a week, most of which are free, and include an introductory class. It's been pretty fun, although I'd like to keep at it more seriously and actually become decent at it, versus just scratching the surface of the dance moves, like I am now.

Anyway, we went to a "hot jazz" swing event tonight which included a surprisingly useful lesson (these free lessons are definitely hit or miss!) and some of the best swing dancing I've seen in the city. Honestly, it was so good that I really preferred to watch the dancers than try to dance myself!

The only downside tonight was when I got kicked (accidentally) pretty freaking hard by one of the newbie male dancers. He kicked me in the ankle, and my ankle still hurts 4 hours later! At least I'll have a nice bruise to show for my new hobby tomorrow.

No comments: