Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Intense discomfort is beauty

So, for whatever reason* I continue to subscribe to the magazine InStyle.  About once or twice an issue, I laugh out loud at some ridiculous recommended purchase (a $2,000 purse) or beauty procedure ($500 facial injections once every two weeks--because why not?!). 

Anyway, I was reading it last night and found one beauty procedure so hilarious that I felt the need to share it here. 

First of all, they have an article telling you how to tone your tummy, without any mention of what foods to eat or any kind of exercise. These tips are solely lotions and creams and procedures you can get done to your stomach. 

I look at the column for people in their 30s because, hey, I'm in my 30s now! Maybe I can learn something useful! 


And the magazine recommends that I DRY BRUSH MY OWN STOMACH. There's a picture of the brush at the bottom there. I am supposed to rake that thing back and forth across my stomach EVERY DAY for..what? Years????? Until I reach 40???


I'd like to say that this article pushed me to take the final step towards canceling my subscription, but...no. I mean, you wouldn't, would you? 

*I enjoy "reading" vapid fashion and beauty articles at the end of the day

2 comments:

hanner said...

You laugh, but dry brushing is awesome! I have poor circulation in my legs and so I mostly brush my legs. I don't really understand the benefits for my stomach (and having a baby didn't do a number on mine, thankfully) but arms + legs = awesome and oddly soothing. You should try it! I got a brush on Amazon for less than $10.

kate said...

Well, all right then! I guess I shouldn't make fun of something that I've never even tried once!