Saturday, July 18, 2015

So MAD

I'm not mad. I'm just MAD about MAD MEN! Hahahahahahahahah! (I'm also not drunk. I just don't feel like starting with a sane opening.) 

Today, Ari and I took the train all the way to Queens to visit the Museum of the Moving Image (MOMI, or "Mommy" as I like to pronounce it) and see the exhibit on the TV show Mad Men, which is there through September. If you talked to me in May, you knew that I was, and am, a die-hard fan of this show. It might be my favorite show ever. (I have yet to see the Sopranos, but I have given Breaking Bad and The Wire a chance. They are good, but they didn't capture my interest the same way that MM has.) 

Ari is also a fan, so we had a pretty good time looking at the notes and costumes and sets for the show. The coolest part was definitely seeing Don Draper's office. Sigh. I am so sad this show is over. 

Covert photo taken when the security guard wasn't looking
On the way back to the train, we stopped at a Venezuelan restaurant and had arepas. Or rather, Ari did. I got the "Venezuelan breakfast" which was DELICIOUS.

                           

No comments: