Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Return of the LOTR

I've finished taking my 3-book-long break from reading the LOTR series. During my book "vacation," I read an amusing book of essays by Nora Ephron, a series of depressing short stories (Golden Boy, Emerald Girl), and finally a best-seller from a couple of years ago, called The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P. I already quoted that last one on a previous post - I generally enjoyed the book, although the main character was surprisingly unpleasant.

So now I'm back to reading the final book in the trilogy: The Return of the King. I have to admit, even though I enjoy Tolkien's writing style and think that he is pretty darn good at creating interesting characters and worlds, I'm ready to be done with it, and I'm less than halfway through. I will probably feel sad when I finally finish it, though.

Plus, it has this sweet 1990s cover (this is the biggest image I could find):

image via
That's Aragorn wearing a "helm" with wings coming out from either side of his head. Yup.

No comments: