Sunday, October 31, 2004

So, it's Halloween weekend. Kaylan came up to visit us! It was very nice of her, considering she lives more than three hours away. Colleen and Jessica didn't get to see her, since they're down partying at UCSB for the weekend, but Corie, Bria, Scott, Kanani, Dylan, and I all went with her to see Didley Squat play in Rancho Cordova (Kaylan and I know Stuart, the keyboardist for the band). The place where they played was really cool (I don't know what it was called); they had the room covered in spider webs and blacklight-sensitive paint. The show was supposed to start at nine, and we knew Didley Squat was playing last in a set of three bands, so we got there about 10:30, worried me might have missed them. But no! There were actually four bands playing, and it turned out that Didley Squat didn't come on until about 12:30 am. OH MY GOD! We were soo tired and bored. Hehe. Not to be mean to the other bands, but they weren't very good--all local bands, if ya know what I'm sayin'. Didley Squat was pretty good, but I've seen them play better, and almost the whole audience was gone before they came on.
But our costumes were exciting!
Bria found this awesome black lace goth-looking dress at a thrift store for ten bucks, so she made it into a witch's costume. Corie found all of her stuff at thrift stores too, and she was Janis Jopline! It was awesome. She had to wear dark glasses at night though, and that probably wasn't the safest thing to do--we were entertained watching her run into a guy at In-n-out. Fun times. And Kaylan was Betty Rubble, from the Flintstones. She looked very cute. Oh yeah, and I was Clementine (aka Kate Winslet) from Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I wore my neon orange sweatshirt and sprayed my hair purple. A very low-budget, low energy costume. But I think we all had a good time. Even though the show kind of sucked, we had fun just hanging out together, and seeing Kaylan! I miss Kaylan!
PS-I went to bed at 3 and got up at 1. I love weekends. But I'm sad that I can't go trick-or-treating. I realllly want some candy right now. I think after I finish my homework, I'm going to reward myself and buy a bag of candy at Safeway.

No comments: