Friday, October 22, 2004

I saw Flogging Molly last night! Two shows in one week--pretty crazy! Except the first show wasn't really crazy, since it was a lot of old people at a Bob Dylan concert. But the one last night at Sac State was awesome--Corie introduced me to being at the very front during a punk show! Those people are psycho; they all squish you against everyone else, and push you back and forth, and jump around, and crowdsurf, and stage dive, until you're literally covered in sweat that isn't yours, all by the third or fourth song! I got kicked in the head a couple times, I hit my head on some crowd-surfer's head, and I almost got smothered whenever people would pass over me (since I can't support anyone! Who are they kidding?). But it was really fun! Flogging Molly were awesome live--even though punk music isn't exactly my favorite kind of music, they are probably my favorite band in that genre. Such awesome performers! Plus, everyone at the show was really nice, so it made the experience even better. People were constantly helping to pick people off the floor when they fell down, and always saying "Sorry!" and "Are you alright?" when they ran into you. Good times!

No comments: