Friday, April 02, 2004

Saw Alkaline Trio and NOFX last night! It was interesting. Ha ha. First of all, that's not really my type of music. But I liked the show. All of the acts were really good, once you got past the EXTREMELY amplified music. Plus, it was the "Rock Against Bush" tour, so they had a film in between the bands showing how Bush and all his people lied, and then they had the guy from the Dead Kennedys (Jello something?) come and talk about all the bad stuff Bush did. He talked for WAY too long, but it was still good that they were forcing all of the lil' punk kids to listen to what he was saying, because it's important. Alkaline Trio was awesome; I've never seen them perform live, heck--I barely know any of their songs. But they were pretty awesome. I liked the suits. And NOFX was good too. The lead guy threw out his back the day before the show, so they brought a couch out for him, and he just lay down on it with his feet propped up on pillows, and the mike angled down by his mouth. It was funny.
I also got knocked on the floor twice, by people being a little over-enthusiastic. Dylan and I actually got in the middle of a mosh pit accidentally--it just formed all around us on the first song. Scary! I have a big purple bruise on my knee from it now. Ha ha. Too many sweaty guys with no shirts on can be dangerous, not least of all because they freakin' smell! I guess that's what happens at punk concerts. So yeah. It was fun.

No comments: