Monday, April 19, 2004

This is interesting: Jack White produced a CD for the famous country singer Loretta Lynn. If you haven't heard of her, she's the singer that movie Coal Miner's Daughter was made about. The one with Sissy Spacek? No? Never heard of it? Me either. Hehe. I just know her because the White Stripes dedicated their third album to her. ANYWAY, the CD's called Van Lear Rose, it comes out April 27, and Jack White produced, arranged, and performed songs on it.

Consequently, because of the White Stripes influence, the music on the album is supposed to be a lot more country-rock sounding; apparently this is supposed to be a really ground-breaking album, and one of Loretta Lynn's best. I'm thinking about buying it, even though it's country music. I figure if Jack White was involved. . .it can't be that bad!

I just realized that maybe I am the only one who found all of the above information interesting.

No comments: