Monday, December 15, 2003

Well, I'm home. And it feels pretty much like it did when I left. Which is good, I guess. My main regret is that I couldn't bring my laptop home (no space), because I didn't realize how much I love it compared to THIS FREAKING THING! Ha ha. I guess the internet would still be slow on my laptop, but at least the mouse would WORK, and the keyboard wouldn't be so old and clunky and nasty. But enough complaining. It's good to be home! I knew I missed Kim and Myra, but I don't think I knew how much until I walked in the door and saw them. I was so happy--Kimmy remembered me! She was soo excited to see me! She just followed me around for like an hour after I got home, sitting next to me whenever I sat down, and wanting me to pet her. And when I went upstairs, Myra slept on my bed just like old times, and she followed me around too. Awww! That's why people keep pets. That just made itself perfectly clear to me. Because they love you and remember you! I mean, sure family and friends sort of do that too, but...not quite in the same way!
Oh, and the other thing that makes me glad to be home--good independent movies! (Which my parents also happen to pay for). Yesterday, Dad, Leah and I saw Girl with a Pearl Earring. Really good. Every scene was so perfect and beautiful, and the story line was really subtle and interesting. I like that Scarlett Johannson girl. She picks good roles. And then today the whole family saw The Station Agent. Yes, I know it came out a long time ago, but it wasn't playing in Davis, and none of us had seen it yet, so we decided to go. It was really good too! That movie's harder to explain exactly why it was good, but it just was, ok? Just go see it sometime!
Hmm...any more news? Not really. Our VCR stopped working, so I convinced mom and dad to buy a VCR/DVD player--awesome! So now we can actually watch DVD's on our puny little TV. It's quite thrilling.
Ok, I'm getting fed up with this freaking keyboard. Hopefully I can see some actual people soon (hehe--other than my family, of course). Come to my party! It's at 7:30 this Saturday night!

No comments: