Wednesday, December 31, 2003

I saw Lord of the Rings today! That movie is freakin' long. Almost 3 1/2 hours! That's, like, how long it takes to drive back from camping at Joshua Tree! Speaking of which--DON'T GO CAMPING IN THE WINTER. Or at least, not unless you have a super-heavy-duty tent, and super-warm sleeping bags, and you know how to build a decent fire to keep you warm! Those are all things that we lacked on the trip. So, because it was so dark, and we didn't have a good fire to sit by, Cammy, Leah, Christina, Me, and the Porters all forced ourselves to go to sleep at 8 PM. Which doesn't really work, especially if you're used to going to bed around midnight or 1. However, looking back on the trip, it was actually pretty fun. It was just getting through the night that was the difficult part. THE SUN FELT LIKE IT WOULD NEVER COME UP! Ha ha.
Ok, I feel like I got a lot of CDs for Xmas, so now I will list them, since I feel like listing them. I hope you feel like reading the list.

REM: Reconstruction of the Fables
REM: Reckoning
Cold Mountain Soundtrack
The Shins: Chutes Too Narrow
Some random sampler
Bad Religion: Stranger than Fiction
Brendan Benson: Lapalco
The White Stripes single: Hardest Button to Button

Ok, maybe it wasn't that many CD's. But it felt like a lot. I'm planning to go buy more tomorrow--probably Queens of the Stone Age and Beck. We'll see.
I really recommend the Shins, if you're looking for a poppy indie band. They're quite good. Good lyrics AND music.

Random post: Adrien Grenier, the actor who hasn't really done anything since Drive Me Crazy with that Sabrina the Teenage Witch girl, is really hot. There was a cashier that looked kind of like him at Marshall's today. It reminded me of this fact.

No comments: