Wednesday, September 10, 2003

I went to Fry's (in Burbank, I think) last weekend with my dad to buy my laptop for school. We got there, expecting a regular circuit city-type store...but the first thing my dad and I notice at the Fry's building is this big, UFO-shaped sculpture that looks as though it has crashed into the wall above the entrance to the store. So we both think, "Ok...interesting idea for an electronics shop...." And then we go in--and it's even scarier! We see army jeeps with mannequin soldiers inside, and there's a huge robot in one corner, and then Darth Vader is in another part of the store. the whole store has a kind of military/old movie decorating theme. So I'm feeling pretty weird. And then my dad and I got to the worst part: In the laptops department, there's this humongous octopus with big black eyes and fangs, breaking through the wall, with its tentacles breaking through the floor. I was so scared and creeped-out! I didn't even want to go to the laptop part--It was like some kind of evil cheap carnival ride. In the end, I actually found a good computer, and we had a very knowledgeable salesman. I just hope I never have to go back there again!

No comments: