Saturday, September 20, 2003

Caution! Long pointless story coming up!
It is now 11:38 PM (yeah, the blog clock is wrong) on the last night I'll be sleeping in my bed for a little while. I pretty much have packed everything--3 boxes of stuff, and 3 bags of clothes. Does that sound like a lot? Because it seems like a lot to me. The main thing I brought was CD's! They are like my inanimate babies. I think I packed about 70 of them!
So today was a very interesting and fun last day. I got up at 4 AM to go to a free exhibit at LACMA (LA County Museum of Art) that went from 9pm to 7am friday morning. So we got to the exhibit at 5:30 (it was French Painters and this creepy Italian painter Modigliani), and it was actually pretty crowded. Rather interesting crowd; there were the usual arty types, the "normal" types, and then the downtown LA homeless people types. I'm not sure what category my family fits into. Hopefully not the last one. So we looked at the paintings, which I honestly barely remember because I was so tired, and then we went to the Farmer's Market for breakfast at 7:30. Then we went to visit my grandma, and then we went to visit my OThEr grandma and my aunt. We had lunch at this cafe called Buster's in South Pasadena.
We walked in, and there was this group of goth/bohemian/poet people in their twenties, dressed in all black with dreadlocks, and some of the guys in the group were, well, "beautiful," to use my mom's words. So I'm rushing by the group of beautiful males, on my way up the stairs to the second level of the restaurant to get my dad's order, when I completely trip on the stairs, barely keep from landing on my face, and all of this loose change falls out of my pocket and clatters down the stairs. Needless to say, I avoided going back downstairs again for the rest of the visit.
Then, finally, for the last part of my last day, my family went to see Lost in Translation at the Rialto. The movie was pretty good, but it was REALLY slow. And a little tedious towards the middle. Funnier than I expected, though. And I just love Scarlett Johanson for having an actual stomach and looking like a normal person, as opposed to a starved actress.
Man, besides missing my family and my adorable pets, I'm really going to miss LA when go to Davis!

No comments: