Friday, September 26, 2003

Ha HA! I finally had classes today! Well, two of three, at least. German in the morning, Linguistics discussion (which never happened), and then Linguistics lecture. I like German, I think--the teacher's name kind of scared me at first: Ingeborg Henderson. But she's cool right now-she has a German accent and makes a joke every now and then. And the class is only about 25 people. I'm a little worried, though, because the professor's very rigid and fast-paced...I can already tell. Linguistics has about 70 people, which is large compared to most of my classes. And it's scary, because it has freshman, and seniors, and all the grades in-between. I had to sit next to this big scary upper-classman dude (are they still called that?). And the professor seems nice, but he talks in a MONOTONE! Not good...the last 10 minutes I had this overwhelming urge to take a nap when I got home.
Poor Kaylan is reading Joyce's Portrait of the Artist--she has to read 150 pages in 5 days, and her boyfriend is coming up for the weekend. So she's trying to finish the whole thing in 2 days! And I finally got a UCD sweatshirt--yay for school pride! I didn't buy one yet, because I hate those traditional styles of writing it. But Davis has a cool retro-looking design that I bought.
Watched the Season Premier of Friends and Will and Grace. Friends was funny. Will and Grace wasn't really. We didn't watch Coupling...it looks too stupid. But it was fun having 6 people sitting on the floor around our TV, which is literally about 6"!
I'm supposed to go to this "Drummers of West Africa" show tonight...but we don't have the tickets we paid for yet! If I don't go to that, there's always Matrix Reloaded!

No comments: