Sunday, December 11, 2005

So this is random....
For one of my lectures this week I'm reading the original novella, Traumnovelle, that the movie Eyes Wide Shut is based on. Who knew that film was actually based on something?

Other pieces of news:
-I saw Chronicles of Narnia on Thursday--it was alright. The special effects weren't actually that good in my opinion, outside of the talking animals (but that's the only part that really matters anyway!). And YAY for ASLAN! He was definitely the coolest character, just as he should be. But talk about obvious allegories. It's interesting to think about how you read these books as a kid and have no idea what the story's referencing.

-My bike has a flat tire. Hopefully it will get repaired tomorrow by the Bike Man (aka Dietmar) tomorrow, since it sucks to walk. Everything takes about twice as long.

-One aspect of German culture I will never like: Germans have NO CONCEPT WHATSOEVER of lines. As in waiting in line. They just don't do it. I was at a Christmas party last night, and I had to wait half an hour in a huge throng of people all trying to push to the front, like at a rock concert or something, just so I could get my jacket from coat-check! There was even a girl in a wheelchair next to me, politely asking if people could let her through, and everyone pretty much ignored her. It was out of control, and you really had to fight if you ever wanted to get to the front. This isn't the first time I've experienced this. What is this, people?? Isn't Germany generally considered a civilized society?? That's all about that. Cammy already had to hear this rant on the phone, haha.

And that is all that I can think of now. Except that I am SO EXCITED about CHRISTMAS! I get to see my FAMILY! CAN YOU FEEL MY EXCITEMENT?

No comments: