Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Ay carumba, I feel so out of it sometimes. Today I have nothing to do. And it feels like I haven’t been living in Monrovia at all this summer!
I picked up an application at Penny Lane today. Last-ditch effort to get a job before school starts. I’d only be able to work about a month, and they weren’t hiring, but I think I’m going to apply anyway, since it would be awesome to work there. I could walk to work, and sell music and movies! Maybe next summer….
Leah got her driver’s license today! Hooray for her! Now she’s already driving to see some movie at the Laemmle. What a gal. When I got my license I just breathed a sigh of relief that my parents were off my back, and I could go back to having them drive me around everywhere. Hehe. But now she’s decided that the car is now hers, and she’s personalizing it with all of her hippie/Indian nonsense. Eh, I guess it’s ok. I like hippie/Indian stuff too.
Other news…hm. Been watching a LOT of movies lately. Leah and I rented five movies from Penny Lane on Sunday. We got: L’auberge Espanol, Blazing Saddles, Eddie Izzard, Waking Life, and Cabaret. We’ve watched all of them except the first one. I’ve also seen Garden State twice (dragged Cammy to see it again. Hooray for the Shins!), and Princess Diaries 2 (Yay for predictable happy movies! And I’m not being sarcastic.) Also saw Before Sunset. Didn’t really want to see it at all, but my mom basically dragged our family to see it. It was SO good! We all loved it. Have I already posted about this? I can’t remember. I must not have. But it was a GREAT movie. Totally not what I expected.
And now for the Olympics! Are Cammy and I the only people who watch them?

No comments: