Saturday, February 07, 2004

Yay! Me and my "homies" as Corie calls them went to go see a show at the Davis Coffee House yesterday. And it was really good! First we saw Mr. Metaphor. They weren't that great. Not bad, compared to a lot of the bands that play here, but not great either. And then we saw The Long Winters. They were good. You could actually understand their lyrics, and they were really funny in between songs. Oh, and the keyboardist was the same guy from the Harvey Dangers, who happens to be the band that played that song, that goes "I'm not sick, but I'm not well...." Remember? So yeah. That was cool.
And then, NADA SURF came on! And they were even better! They played a lot of songs. And they made me happy. I don't really know how to describe their music. I guess you could call it emo...but I hate that word. And come on--how can you not love a band that has a song with the chorus:

"Always love, hate will get you every time"

^That song's off the album that they're in the process of recording. I think I want to buy it when it comes out.

No comments: