Sunday, August 29, 2010

Map it out

Just a quick update.

Life is pretty much the same since I last posted; I've been wandering around Manhattan whenever possible. (I spent literally 20 minutes at Barnes and Noble deciding which map was the best.) I decided on this one:
(It's not backwards in real life. And the thing that looks like a massive insect behind my head is actually a sprinkler.)

It looks like this inside:

Very useful, you see? Fairly compact, yet still shows streets AND subways AND bus routes. Excellent.

I then proceeded to use to shop at Old Navy. Yes, that's right folks, the shopping ban begins in just 3 days, so this is my last chance for the next 6 months! I found the ON flagship store on 34th street; TWO LEVELS of women's clothing. I refrained from actually buying anything though, since I believe everyone who reads this knows about the money woes of college.

Then watched the Emmys with some girls in my building. No really exciting wins; I just don't care about TV that much. Unless it's Mad Men, 30 Rock, or the Office. At least Mad Men won something; I just can't remember what now.

Also, my room is still quite bare. I noticed this especially when I went to another girls room, and she has it decked out. Huge carpet, six pillows, the whole shebang. Guess I just gotta keep workin' on it.
Next thing to make my room more livable: PLANTS!!

No comments: