Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Today I had a minor cooking disaster. But it was probably the biggest cooking disaster I've ever experienced! I left some rice on the stove at medium heat (BAD idea) for half an hour, expecting it to cook in that time. I come back, and the kitchen is literally filled with smoke! I couldn’t even get to a window and open it without running outside again to get some fresh air; my eyes were tearing up and I couldn’t really breathe in. But eventually I was able to open both windows and the door that leads go outside...thankfully I was the one that found the food first instead of one of my floor mates, or else they probably would’ve hated me!

After about 10 minutes one floor mate Marinella came in, and when I apologized for the smell, she was really nice about it, saying, “Welcome to the club! We’ve all burned something in here!” So I felt much better, especially when she gave me a piece of the pizza she was making (since my food was burned to a black crisp)!

No comments: