Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Oh my goodness. Yesterday I watched possibly one of the saddest films I have ever seen: Dancer in the Dark. Actually, I only watched the second half of it--but that's more than an hour, and it's probably the most difficult part to watch. It's about this Czechoslovakian immigrant woman (Bjork) in the 1950's, who has a heredity disease that makes her blind, and she doesn't want her son to get it, so she's saving up all of her life savings to pay for his operation. She even kills a guy so that he won't take the money that she's been saving. And then she gets the death penalty because her lawyer sucks. And I won't give away the ending, but you can probably see how the movie's plot is a bit bleak. Oh, and there are random musical numbers thrown in, since she likes to imagine her life as a musical, since "nothing dreadful ever happens in musicals." It's so sad! Did I mention that yet? But I liked it. So if you want to be depressed, go for it.

Oh yeah! On a lighter note, I went to dinner at my Constitution Professor's house last night (well, the whole class did. Don't worry, it wasn't just me.). But it was SO nice! First of all, my professor is like, 70 years old, so he's this nice old man, and his house is all cozy with squishy furniture, and his wife was really sweet too. And everything they made for dinner was vegetarian! And I didn't even tell them I was vegetarian! They got eggplant and feta pizza (yum), and this really good salad with avacado, and chocolate chip cookies!! I had three servings of everything. So much tastier than the dc.

No comments: