Tuesday, July 26, 2011

SINCE YOU'VE BEEN GONNNEEEEEE

It just dawned on me: since Ari's been gone at camp (1 1/2 weeks), I have been eating the archetypal bachelor's diet.
  • Sunday night: Takeout Chinese
  • Monday morning: Cereal
  • Monday afternoon: Leftover takeout Chinese
  • Monday night: MORE leftover takeout Chinese, followed by cereal for dessert
  • Tuesday morning: Cereal
Yes, since the weather's been over 90 degrees (and only our bedroom has decent a/c), I have been on something of a cereal kick. (I usually eat oatmeal in the morning, but it just makes me sweat even more than I already am.)

I have also discovered the joys of mixed vegetables + General Tso's bean curd = $9.00 and feeds me for three meals.

Yikes. This is starting to look pretty pathetic. My excuse is, I'm just getting by until I leave for CALIFORNIA on Saturday!

4 comments:

jesse.anne.o said...

J is in Lisbon for a week and a half and all I've been eating are sandwiches and crackers with cashew cheese. Last night I forced myself to make a green smoothie and bought a bunch of local plums & USA peaches.

So. Yeah.

kate said...

Hey, at least you made a healthy smoothie! Perhaps that will inspire me....

Cammy said...

I CAN BREATHE FOR THE FIRST TIME! Damn it Kate now it probably won't go away for three days!

Also: me too! I've passed the productive phase of Erik being gone and now I am in lazy phase. Dinner tonight was bread and butter! And that was a comparatively good dinner! Sigh.

kate said...

Hahahaha sorry, Cammy, for getting the song in your head! And bread and butter...phew! That's about as basic as it gets.