Saturday, July 23, 2011

HP7P2 Spoilers! Sort of.

I finally saw the last Harry Potter film yesterday. Despite the film's overblown "IT ALL ENDS" tagline, I have to say that it was kind of a big deal for me that the series was finally ending. And unfortunately, I don't think the final installment was particularly powerful. I felt that the final scenes (Snape's secret love of Harry's mother, the white void that Harry goes to after he dies) were fairly uninspired, and the choice to have all of the same actors play themselves 19 years later was kind of silly (Jenny and I couldn't stop laughing).

Maybe we just weren't into it as much as we should have been. But does this picture look like the picture of someone who wasn't into it?


3 comments:

hanner said...

i was laughing so hard when they did the flash forward. why, oh why did they have to do that? ah well. overall, it was good but i think i have the same feelings as you (sad that it's the end, what the heck snape, etc.)

jcpix said...

love it! haha

kate said...

Ok, Hannah, I'm glad someone else was laughing! In our theater, no one else seemed to find it amusing....

Apparently they actually re-shot that scene, too, since it came out looking even more hokey the first time. I guess it's still hard to convincingly age people who are still in their early 20's!