Saturday, November 20, 2010

Someone up there has to be laughing

You know those moments where something is so exasperatingly comical, it seems like someone has to be controlling events to conspire against you?

Well, that just happened to me, but thankfully, it was a minor episode: trying to finalize my phonetics term paper.

  1. I finished my paper! 7 pages of transcription, and 8 pages of analysis! Yay!
  2. I print out all 15 pages, only to find that I forget to center the "References" title. I print out the last page again.
  3. I notice that ALL the pages have page numbers in BOTH the upper right corner and bottom center. Not sure how that happened. Delete bottom page numbers.
  4. I print out the entire essay again and staple it and discover I forgot to include the last page of the essay.
  5. I take out the staple and staple it again, only to realize that my conclusion has center alignment (as opposed to right justified). It's the only section of the essay in center alignment. WHY? WHY?!
  6. Whatever. If the professor doesn't like center-aligned conclusion paragraphs, I don't like him. OK, that's not true, but I just don't care anymore.

1 comment:

Dr. Joan Cartwright said...

During a concert I produced on October 24, 2010, with 50 middle school musicians and vocalists and 10 adult musicians that got rained on not 1, not 2, but 3 times!!! I said to my co-producers, "God is a comedian playing to an audience that doesn't have a sense of humor!"