Sunday, November 14, 2010

It's time to set a date

I haven't posted in a while because I've been overwhelmed with starting my job (working two hours a day. I still can't handle it!) and a lot of term papers coming up in the near future.

Luckily, I spent 6 hours yesterday finishing up my biggest project: a transcription and phonetic analysis of a native Chinese speaker's English. It's actually really interesting to me, and I'm sad it must go the way of so many school projects: loved the topic, but wish I'd had more time to spend on it.

Also, my title of "setting a date" refers to my goal to become vegan. Yes, folks, it's high time I took that step. All the cool kids are doing it (literally--it seems to be a hipster thing, but also CAMMY has been vegan for years now). So I'm trying to set a date for when it will happen. I'm thinking New Year's. That way, I can still pig out on sweets on Christmas and post-Christmas, but once the new year starts, it's purely vegan delights for me! Of which there are many, many, many in New York City. Thank goodness.

OK, back to making final edits on the paper. Hope everyone had a bonne week-end. (And I am too lazy to look up if that French is correct.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate!

Are you in China or something? Cuz that will be really hard to be vegan, unless you eat at a buddhist monk academy or something.

And it's bon because it's masculine because "weekend" is borrowed from another language. "Le week-end"

Bye!

-Ivan

kate said...

Haha, oh French-class buddy, I miss your French skillz.

And no, I'm not in CHINA! But if I go to China, I suppose I'd have to consider compromising my principles. :/ I'll worry about that later!

Andrea said...

whoa vegan? whoa kate.

jesse.anne.o said...

Don't worry - it's pretty easy, especially in NYC. I've been vegan for over 15 years and vegetarian for over 20. Ain't no thang.