Monday, January 19, 2009

I'm not a Republican yet

...but sometimes it looks like it would be a lot of fun.

So I didn't have very high expectations (low expectations which I tried to disguise in the previous post), but as it turned out, Monster Jam (R) was pretty freakin' awesome. It may have had something to do with the 3 beers Cammy and I drank on an empty stomach beforehand, but I think the main elements of loud engines and massive trucks flying into the air makes for an unbeatable combination of FUN. It was kind of like watching a sports game where you don't need to have any beforehand knowledge of the rules; you just cheer for what you like, and everyone cheers with you (and you get to eat enormous bags of cotton candy at the same time).

3 comments:

Tom A. said...

I'm absolutely thrilled you seem to dig the primal spectacle of internal combustion engines and their jockeys locked in combat.

However, as a Motorsports Rhodes Scholar, I feel it's my my duty, nay, DESTINY to at least offer to expose you to the other sects of the Church of Speed. There be drag racing at Pomona the 5th through 8th of next month, NASCAR at Fontana at the end of Feb., and IndyCars and sports cars at Long Beach in mid-April, and barring any unforeseen circumstances, you have an open invitation to accompany me to any of the above. (On my dime, of course.)

kate said...

Aw, thanks!

Aaron Wheeler said...

A monster truck jam? are you sure you're not a Republican yet?

=)
(just kidding)