Monday, October 22, 2007

Smoke in the air

I'm in San Diego! I've been here for a whole 24 hours! And things are kind of exciting. Although not in the way I imagined. There have been huge fires in the area, fires so bad that they cancelled my first day of class 2 hours early, and also cancelled all classes tomorrow at SDSU. I guess the city of San Diego itself isn't threatened, but the people of Chula Vista have "recommended evacuation," and most beaches along the Orange County coast have mandatory evacuation.

The woman I'm renting my room from asked me today if it's alright for two of her friends to stay at her house for a while. They've been evacuated from their own house and don't really have anywhere to stay yet. I hope they can move home again soon, and not because I like my privacy!

4 comments:

Alex said...

Yea, I'm glued to my TV right now with suitcase on hand, ready to evacuate if need be. Welcome to San Diego ;-)

Alex said...

Also, if you need anything (transportation, etc) due to the fire or otherwise, send me an e-mail.

Aaron Wheeler said...

I also offer my services to the both of youse, and anyone else that needs it.

kate said...

Thanks, guys! I'm escaping back to Monrovia today....

I hope you are both doing alright!