Tuesday, October 02, 2007

A room with a view

I have finally found housing for my three weeks at SDSU! I'm going to be renting a room a mile and a half (the proximity is so thrilling to me, you don't even know) from campus. Hooray! That means I can bike to class every day, and not have to stress about parking. AND I get my own bathroom.

I'm renting the room from a woman in her mid thirties, which, I have to admit, could be a little boring now and then, but hey...better quiet than crazy, I suppose. I'll be working on a teaching certificate, after all. Now if only she had a pet. :(

I've been practicing my biking around Monrovia. Not that I really need to, after four years living in Davis.

Three weeks til I move in. Aufregend!

Note: Sorry to those whom I've left out of the loop (Hannah!), I've been pretty lazy about updating this. Starting in a few weeks, I'm taking a one-month course at SDSU that trains people to teach English abroad. After the program ends, they are supposed to help us find actual teaching positions abroad. I'm really looking forward to it.

And Meredith, I do live off of Montezuma! If you take El Cajon, I believe you can reach the place I'm staying. I just might hit you up for restaurant recommendations and the like. Thanks!

3 comments:

Meredesu said...

One of my best friends and my father both live (not together) really close to SDSU. My Pa lives on East Falls View Drive, and Kim lives on whatever the street right after that is... 66th or something like that. If you are coming off the freeway, passing SDSU on your left, you just take a left at Montezuma and that is where I have been a lot (right after all the frat houses) Let me know if you live anywhere near there! And I hope you enjoy your time in SD. Let me know if you want recommendations for stuff.

Anonymous said...

Hooray! You'll have to tell me more :)

hanner said...

OK wait. You are going to SDSU? I'm confused. Update me?