Thursday, October 11, 2007

The highlight of my day

Yes, my day had reached its zenith when this evening I turned onto Foothill Boulevard behind a white truck whose license plate read, and I quote:

"WAHAPEN"

I am sure some of my readers are familiar with the genius of Christopher Guest, including perhaps my favorite film of his, A Mighty Wind. This quote from the film still elicits laughter from everyone in my family, and it will for many years to come.

Coincidence that I was behind that truck? You decide.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I showed my mom that film a couple of weeks ago, but she didn't seem to enjoy it as much as I had.

Clearly the fact that you were behind the truck is a sign from God, which you are now free to interpret as you wish. Alternatively, you were driving behind Mr. Walter A. Hapen, and it was all a terrible misunderstanding.

hanner said...

My dad drives a white truck. Wouldn't it be so funny if it were him driving that truck?

Anonymous said...

I finally got around to buying St. Elsewhere, which has graced your blog for eons, and I discovered that "Gone Daddy Gone" actually contains an entire verse taken from a Muddy Waters song written by his bassist Willie Dixon.

The Violent Femmes give credit to Dixon for the lyrics, but I thought it was cool that they incorporated timeless blues lyrics from the mid-1950s into a punk/alternative song from the early 80s (and then to have that song be covered by a soul/hip-hop group in 2006 is decidedly weird).

Anonymous said...

keeeeht teaching is hard! dont do it! haha just keeding. its fun sometimes but its a loooot of planning. do you get placed right away after you get your certificate? is it just for like a year or do you get placed indefinitely?