Sunday, July 02, 2006

I think it's time for an update. Stuff has been happening. But lately I've been feeling lazy about everything, from schoolwork to exercise to posting on my blog. But life has been pretty good (still)! In the past few week I have:

1. Went on a field trip to the "Sleeping Beauty" castle of Sababurg. I'm still not too sure why it's the Sleeping Beauty castle, but they have lots of roses there, and one breed is named after her. Lots of pretty flowers. I thought of my momma, because she loves flowers so much. Took some pics of the flowers just for her.
After the castle we went to the Sababurg Zoo, which was an awesome surprise. I'd just come along basically to get out of class, but we get to see animals?!? The zoo was pretty small, but it did have an awesome birds of prey show, during which trainers had the huge eagles and owls swooping right over the audience. I even got hit in the face with a horned owl's wing when I didn't duck in time. It was awesome!

2. Took a two-day trip to Koeln, or Cologne for English-speakers. It's about four hours from Goettingen, and my friend Jen and I made the trip out there to see the Raconteurs, a side project band of Jack White and his pal Brendan Benson. The show was pretty good; it made me wish I could play in a successful band with all my friends. It looked like so much fun to be up there on stage!

3. Stayed in Koeln the next day to sightsee a little and watch the Germany vs. Argentina game. Took a tour of the Lindt Chocolate factory (pretty cool--we got to actually see the chocolates being made!), saw the famous gothic Koelner Dom, and watched the NAIL-BITING Germany game. WE WON!! In Shootouts, for anyone who didn't watch. I love Jens Lehmann (the goalie for Germany). Not only is he kind of ruggedly handsome, I'd trust him with my life. Ok, maybe not my life, but he's a darn good goalie. So it was fun to take the train back to Goettingen after the game; everyone was in such a good mood! Even the hilarious train conductor, who announced each train stop with unusual energy and enthusiasm.

Alright, that's all the real news! I think I caught everyone up.
Brazil is out! If Germany doesn't win, I hope France does! I haven't been to France yet, so I have no reason not to root for them. I still have this glamorous and elegant image of the French, unlike all of my friends who traveled to Paris and now despise the French.

PS-I posted some pics from the last week on Facebook, fo yo info.

No comments: