Thursday, June 15, 2006

Last night was Germany's second game in the World cup, playing Poland. It was a crazy/horrible game! Any other game played like last night's would have bored me to death, because NO GOALS were scored until the final three minutes of overtime. However, the fact that we all watched the game inside this cramped, humid, hot room with about 80 other soccer fans packed in helped to increase the excitement and intensity about 50 times.
I found myself screaming and jumping out of my seat several times, and by the end of the whole game, my throat was dry and itchy from so much yelling! Germany ended up beating Poland 1-0, just BARELY, but man, you'd have thought we won the freakin' World Cup! After the game ended we went downtown to see if fans were celebrating, and it was crazy. People were honking their horns, waving flags, standing up in the sunroofs of their cars, climbing fountains and statues; it was awesome!
I don't think Germany's going to win the World Cup this year, but it'd be awesome if they did; I don't know how people would top last night!

No comments: