Saturday, June 10, 2006

Ah...things are good right now.
World cup started yesterday, and Germany won! Not much of a surprise, but it was exciting to watch the game. We tried to go to this big party up the street to watch it, but it was packed with people, and only standing room (so the tall people blocked everything--I couldn't even see more than half the screen!).
So five minutes before the game started we raced back and biked downtown to the nearest bar in hopes of actually watching the game while still being surrounded by crazy sports fans. We were in luck, and got good seats with lots of enthusiastic fans. The guy next to me jumped out of his seat and right onto my bare foot when Germany scored a goal!

The other two reasons I'm happy are:
1. Spring has come back again! It was sunny for about two weeks, it rained for about three weeks, and the sun has come back again! It's supposed to be in the 80's tomorrow, and I'm not even sure how my body's gonna handle that! It hasn't seen 80-degree weather since like...LA!

2. Also, today I found a grocery store that has a fairly good Asian food section, and they had a mix for Thai green curry! I'm trying not to get my hopes up, since I think it's a german brand that produces it, but I'm really excited to see how it tastes.

Ok, that is all! Hooray for more soccer games tonight! (I'm getting more and more into this!)

No comments: