Saturday, February 11, 2006

I'm back from Amsterdam! It was a lot of fun--the city is gorgeous, the people all speak perfect English and are very personable, they have bikes EVERYWHERE (go Davis!), beautiful old buildings, and canals! The canals were the best part--very European!

We saw the Van Gogh Museum, the Rijksmuseum (prounounced somewhat like "Rykes" museum--it's the national museum of the Netherlands), Anne Frank's house (a really good museum, btw), the Heineken "Experience" (basically a huge ad for the company, but quite entertaining), and on the last day we fed CRAZY seagulls at Vondelpark, a big park on the outskirts of the city!

The only bad thing about the trip? I got really used to speaking English for some reason...so even though it was only 4 days long, I came back and today said "Thank you" to someone working at a store! Of course I wanted to hit myself--I don't think I've ever done that yet, since "danke" is freakin' the easiest word ever to remember, and you use it all the time! But whatever--I'm going to Rome in a couple days, so the German's gonna be pushed even further back in my brain!

I'll post some pics from amsterdam soon!

No comments: