Thursday, February 23, 2006

I am back from Rome! It was a good trip, barring a few small problems (super-crappy hostel, my friend Jen's wallet getting stolen on the last night we were there).
We were there for seven days, so we basically had enough time to see everything we wanted to, as well as make a day trip down to Napoli and see Pompei, which is about 2 hours away from Rome. Before I left, I really only had heard about the Colosseum and the Fontana di Trevi (the big famous fountain--didn't know what it was called until I got there). So it was really cool to find out about all of these other famous, amazing things! Like Vatican City! Totally forgot that was in Rome. . . oops. I guess it's ok since I'm not Catholic, right?
Photos will be posted soon!

In other news, I watched TWO movies yesterday (already making great use of my time back): Cry Baby and When Harry Met Sally. Let's just say that I understand why I'd never heard of Cry Baby, despite the fact that Johnny Depp is in it--it's a really lame, low-budget spoof of Grease. But When Harry Met Sally was great--it's one of those rare examples of films that are so famous and hyped up, yet still really funny and well-done! Glad I finally saw it, and I recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

No comments: