Sunday, February 12, 2006

I am a new fan of the author Tom Robbins. I just finished my first book by him, Jitterbug Perfume, and I really liked it. He writes in a very descriptive, yet totally unromantic, un-cheesy style, and I often feel the need to underline random sentences in his book. The opening lines, for example:

"The beet is the most intense of vegetables. The radish, admittedly, is more feverish, but the fire of the radish is a cold fire, the fire of discontent not of passion. Tomatoes are lusty enough, yet there runs through tomatoes an undercurrent of frivolity. Beets are deadly serious. "

As you can tell, Robbins has a very random, unique writing style. I highly recommend his book!

ps-I'm 21 today! But it's not such a big deal, since the drinking age in Germany is basically 10 years old.

No comments: