Thursday, March 10, 2005

So remember how I said that I liked my German class in the last post? Well, I don't anymore. At least, I don't think I will until this weekend, when my stupid presentation is done. We have to do a group project on this essay we read about the book, Das Parfum.
The essay my group (just me and this other guy, actually) is about how the book is an excellent example of postmodernism, in that it contains many examples of pastiche and parody, especially drawn from the Romantic and Aesthetic literary periods. And then the author goes on to show all of the famous German works that the author is parodying, all of which I've never heard of.
So tomorrow, I have to explain the essay and whether or not I agree with it, all in German. Gah! It's hard enough in English, already!

But yes. That is what I am working on/putting off right now.

Oh, and this is kind of funny for anyone who reads this blog and took German: the periodical my article is from is published by the American Association of Teachers of German--aka AATG. They have come back to haunt me! Haha.

No comments: