Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Ok, so. . .I guess you can forget what I said last week about not posting anymore; right now, I seem to be posting more than ever!

So I gave blood today, for my FIFTH time! I'm so proud of myself, because I really am afraid of needles. So I was all relaxed about it, because I've done it before so much, until I got to the chair where they stick the needle in your arm. The lady put the needle in me, and it hurt! And not just at first, like usual, but continuously this sharp pain in my arm. So I started freaking out a little, and thinking that maybe she didn't stick it in far enough or something and it was going to come out, but I didn't want to say anything. Finally, she asked me if it felt alright, and I was like, "Um, it kind of hurts." So of course she comes over to readjust it, and then I was just like, "Never mind!! It's ok!! Just leave it!" Because I didn't want her moving it around. But she did anyway, and it hurt even more. So then I just kind of stared at the ceiling the rest of the time and tried to think happy thoughts. The nurse noticed that I was kind of stressed out (she was this Russian (perhaps?) woman, named Lyundmila, which is an awesome name. But she wanted to make me feel better, so she gave me a purple bow on my bandage:



Which I have to admit, made everything totally worth it. And that is the end of my harrowing adventure. For today, that is!

No comments: