Monday, May 17, 2004

Yeah. That post on Friday didn't get published until today. I got a little confused.
But yeah...we went on a three-day camping trip, with 15 people from the IS dorm, and it was REALLY fun! We stayed at Stanislaus National Forest, which is right next to Yosemite. We actually went hiking in Yosemite, a 5-mile trail around Hetch Hetchy Reservoir (anyone heard of it? My dad said it's pretty famous), and another 3 or 4 mile hike to this waterfall in Yosemite. We were planning to go in the water when we reached the waterfall, but the water was FREEZING!! It was probably 50 degrees or colder. Nevertheless, my friend Colleen jumped in in her bikini (she jumped out screaming, too). Not to be outdone, I jumped in too, for like, 6 seconds. We eventually convinced nine of the ten people on the hike to jump in the water. It was great!! Definitely woke me up after sleeping only 5 hours in the tent!
I'll post pictures from camping as soon as I get them developed, which will probably be sometime this week, since I plan to use up the rest of the film on THE SHINS when I see them play tomorrow!!

No comments: