Wednesday, May 19, 2004

So, tonight I saw Bishop Allen, The Decemberists, and The SHINS! with Corie and Dylan. It was really good! All of the bands were really good. Dylan bought the Bishop Allen CD, I bought the Decemberists CD...the Shins just didn't have any stuff for sale (the merch table said "Sorry, no Shins merch: I'm crying on the inside." I definitely was. But I think it's because tonight was the first night of their tour. BUT I reminded myself that I'm going to see them again in LA...they better have stuff for sale by then!
The Shins were pretty good in concert. The reason I say pretty good is just that the lead singer was a little boring; he had hardly any personality at all! People kept yelling stuff at him, like "I LOVE YOU MARTY!" and he just totally ignored it. Luckily, the bassist and keyboardist were much more charismatic. Also, I couldn't help comparing the show to the White Stripes, which was the best show that I've seen to date, and I have to admit, the Shins could not top them. I think it's because I love that old-fashioned rock that you can just totally rock out to, which is not quite the type of music that the Shins plays. They're more pop-y. But yes. I took photos...I will post them when I get them developed...now it's after my self-imposed 12 am curfew, so I must go to sleep.
ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: