Thursday, March 13, 2014

Almost spring break

My spring break starts on Monday! But really, it starts tomorrow, after I finish teaching my 9-12pm class at Columbia.

I am not going anywhere special for spring break, except for maybe tagging along on a one-night stay in Philly if a couple of my friends decide to make the trip. 

For the rest of the week off, I am looking forward to an awesome STAYCATION. I kind of dislike that cheesy term, but it's the best way to describe my break. Plans include attempting to win lottery tickets to a Broadway show (maybe Matilda?) and getting a Frozen Hot Chocolate (R) at Serendipity. (I loved that drink when I visited NYC my very first time in the summer of 2007; I hear the line's not too long when it's 40 degrees out.)

Also, Ari and I got back from a really nice wedding last weekend in Austin. The bride was one of Ari's high school friends, and in exchange for Ari playing at her wedding, she paid for our hotel and rental car. On Saturday morning we had a very rushed, but worthwhile, visit to the actual downtown area of Austin (where it was rained all day and was chillier than NYC, alas), and had a blast at the rehearsal dinner and actual ceremony. I will post some pictures as soon as I can--it appears I left my camera cord back in Monrovia at Christmas, so it may take a while….


No comments: