Wednesday, January 29, 2014

One of those weeks

This has been a pretty crappy week so far. Allow me to complain:


  • Sunday morning: I cut my thumb pretty badly with a brand new knife my mom had given Ari for Christmas. Blood everywhere and decreased mobility. 
  • Sunday afternoon: I tried to do laundry in the basement of our building, only to discover that the center washing machine is broken. This left our clothes soaking wet, with nowhere to put them but hang them dripping in the shower. I also got my thumb blood all over everything in the process of carrying laundry up and down the stairs. 
  • Monday afternoon: I found out at the last minute that I would be teaching an extra class. I had to scramble for material and basically wing it. 
  • Wednesday afternoon (today): DUN DUN DUN. Got my wallet stolen on the subway. I couldn't believe it, because I literally swiped into the subway, rode four stations, and then got off, and my wallet was gone. The kind of funny thing is, I think I know exactly when it got stolen: two guys bumped into me at the same time on the subway platform, which was weird, because the subway wasn't crowded at all. I'm pretty sure they planned to bump into me. So I guess it serves me right for having my wallet all exposed
So now I have to get new Metrocard, new credit cards, a new drivers license, new Pace ID, new Columbia ID, and a new Film Forum membership card. I hope it's manageable. Fingers crossed.

No comments: