Wednesday, October 02, 2013

We've moved!

And I can blog about it because we just got internet yesterday! Things are looking up!

Ari and I were finally able to move into our new place this Saturday, after much calling back and forth with the realtor and the building manager, then arguing about whether we had to pay rent for the weeks we hadn't moved. (Because there wasn't gas in the building yet! and no dishwasher installed! And the apartment was still dirty! But I digress.)

So me, Ari, and my friend Michelle (who Ari lived with the past year) moved all our stuff into the newly renovated, yet pretty darn tiny, apartment where we'll hopefully be staying for the next year-and-a-half to two years--at least until Ari finishes his MA at Teachers College. It is so small. But I like the way it's shaping up so far. We have yet to put together the new furniture we bought from Ikea on Saturday, so we can't really figure out the room layout yet. Hopefully that will happen this weekend, when we both have some time to actually build stuff!

Also, it's kind of funny because the building is still pretty intensely under construction. There are workers here every day from about 7 in the morning till 5pm, painting and working on the unfinished apartments. And fixing some of the issues, such as the fact that our shower apparently leaks really heavily through the ceiling of the apartment below us. So we had a plumber knocking on our door at 6:45 yesterday morning, asking if he could check out our bathroom. Then, just now (at 7:50pm), another manager guy knocked on the door to see the bathroom AGAIN, about the same issue. Honestly, it feels like Indonesia all over again, what with random people knocking on your door at all hours of the day. I think I'm a little less disgruntled by it then I would have been a year ago.

Anyway, I'm happy to be in the new place, and starting to settle in. I will try to post pictures as soon as the place looks halfway put together.

No comments: