Thursday, October 31, 2013

The autumn leaves drift by my window

Actually, we have no autumn leaves by our window; the trees by our apartment are still green. But, if you walk a block north, you end up in the southernmost corner of Prospect Park, where the autumn leaves are in full, orangey-yellowy color.

Ari and I are both relatively free on Thursdays, so we took a short walk through the park to get some shots of the trees before they all fall off in the next few days. Annoyingly, it's been cloudy ever since I charged my camera to take pictures, but--I am worried I may not get another chance to photograph how gorgeous it is!







And, just for good measure, I took some shots of our new apartment, finally put together in a way Ari and I are both happy with. We spent last Saturday morning carrying the yellow couch from Ari's old apartment (about 3 blocks away) to our new place. I wouldn't have made it, so thank goodness our wonderful building super helped Ari heave the couch up the final flight of stairs to our place. 

The main living room
Here you can see our tiny kitchen (with a dishwasher! That we still haven't used!) on the left. 
The bedroom, with an actual BED!, and the same Ikea bedspread I've had since freshman year of undergrad....
So that gives you an idea of the place. We're pretty happy with it, barring a few non-deal-breaker issues (central heating is SUPER loud, kitchen sink leaks a little, oven is difficult to turn on). We also hope to get a nice area rug for the main area to really tie the room together.  Hooray for not living out of my suitcase anymore!



No comments: