Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Anna or Jane?

So this week, I checked out two female-centric tomes:
  • Anna Karenina from the New York Public Library
  • Jane Eyre from the Brooklyn Public Library 

Will I actually read either one? I'm not sure. I don't really know why I picked them out.

Since I probably will not have the stamina to read both of them back-to-back, does anyone have a recommendation about which one I should read first? I'm leaning towards Jane Eyre, since the beautiful (and talented) Michael Fassbender is in the new film about it....

3 comments:

jesse.anne.o said...

I've only read Jane Eyre of the two but I do love it. It's actually making me want to read it again but I'm too busy with smutty Further Tales of the City.

hanner said...

i'm reading jane eyre right now and i've seen a play and two film versions of it so maybe that's why it's taking me FOR-EV-ER to read it. haha. anyway, it's good, but kinda dense.

kate said...

OK. Thanks for the tips, guys. Considering other Russian lit I've read, it's mostly rich men talking politics/ethics. Which isn't inherently bad. But I can only read so much of it at a time.

I think I'll go for the Bronte.