Monday, May 16, 2011

Some catching up

Well, now that the cat is mostly out of the bag, I will allow it to completely escape: I am moving to Brooklyn!

OK, maybe that news wasn't as exciting as I built it up to be. No weddings, no babies. BUT I will be moving into an apartment with Ari in Prospect/Crown Heights on June 4, and I am really excited to have (virtually) my own apartment! That means I will be able to eat ANYTHING I WANT in the kitchen!

OK, I was actually able to eat everything when I lived at home in Monrovia, too. But then, you kind of take that kind of thing for granted at your parents' house.

Also, I have successfully completed my first year of grad school! Only one more year to go! To celebrate, I went to the best thrift store in all 5 boroughs (most thrift stores in the city are picked over and overpriced) and went on a shopping spree: $35 spent on 7 articles of clothing (2 skirts, a sweater, a shirt, 2 scarves, a dress). So satisfying.

And finally, a bit of annoying news: I think my iPod is dying a slow death. It keeps freezing in the middle of my podcasts. I looked up the problem online, and it looks like either the battery or the hard drive is failing. Both of which cannot really be replaced for a reasonable sum of money, so it looks like I may just have to get a new iPod when I get frustrated enough with this one. But we've been through so much together! Actually, not really. I've only had this one for about 4 years. I think iPods should last longer than that.

Also, I really don't have the money to buy a new one at the moment. The next big holiday is Christmas, so perhaps I'll just end up buying a nano or something to tide me over until I bite the BIG bullet and get an iPhone. (SOMEDAY! SOMEDAY I will have money again.)

OK, that was a rambling post. But I'm in high spirits because I have no classes until Thursday (when summer school starts). Hoooooraayyy for free time!

4 comments:

hanner said...

wahoo! i really want to come visit NYC sooooon!

kate said...

Yes, please do!

jesse.anne.o said...

Why did I think you lived in Brooklyn already?

kate said...

Because I hang out there a lot? Because I live there already in spirit?