Sunday, November 29, 2009

PB + CHO

I have made my first thing since coming home!

And the thing looks like this:

Yes, it is a baked thing. Peanut butter cookies with mini Reese's peanut butter cups pressed in the center! I was inspired by the coffee shop near Cammy's house in Long Beach, which sells giant versions of these cookies, with a full-size peanut butter cup in the middle.

I made so many cookies (about 48) that I had to ask Dad to take some in to work tomorrow. My mom won't eat them, so I must save myself from myself!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

oh gosh Kate, let me tell you... the key to not becoming absolutely obsese when making baked goods (as frequently as I do especially) is to ALWAYS give them away. I actually plan ahead of time where they're going, or if they can freeze, or if I can stand to throw a lot away... (I learned all this the hard way at first! haha) Thankfully, everyone at Adam's UK company likes my American baked goods, and they even have meetings on Wednesdays that are perfect for snack-time.

Those look DELICIOUS! Is that a lone kiss I see? I've had a version with kisses before but this looks yummier... Reese's are my faaaavorite too. Too bad they don't have them here!

kate said...

Yeah, the pb and chocolate combo seems foreign to many, uh, foreigners. Weird.

And yeah, what an annoying conundrum it is to bake all of these things and not be able to literally eat them all!

Cheryl said...

Those look so yummy! I want one!

Just blog hopping and I thought that I'd stop and say hi!

Take Care,
With love and hope,
Cheryl
We are Nine