Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I am back again! How many times have I started a post with that sentence?

Anyway, unemployment inspires me to write. Or to write some short blog posts, at least.

I have been on an art fix! What does that mean, you ask? It means that I have been obsessed with finding and framing artwork. I think it's largely because my walls are so empty, after not having lived in my room (or added many personal touches) for about 6 years. Yeah, that's how long it's been since high school.

Anyway, I digress. Today I went to Michael's and Target and bought 5 picture frames (one frame holds 7 pictures), and filled them all up with art! Mainly postcards I've collected over the years, but picture comes from a calendar that I had in 7th grade, and one picture is a print that I ordered from Etsy. It's pretty great.

Now I just need to actually hang them on the wall without taking large chunks of plaster out as well. My parents wouldn't be too happy about thtat.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Glad you're back! I need to get with it too once our internet is reliable.

I like the postcard-art idea. I think I shall have to copy... There are a lot of lonely-looking walls in this apartment.

You should post pictures of your walls once you're finished!

kate said...

Hey! Yay, someone still reads this! Yes, I have been eagerly awaiting another post of yours! Perhaps you could start a side-project London blog.

And I will try to post pics of my walls when I hang the stuff up!